Tuesday, September 30, 2014

give me stripes!


I was exploring Pinterest (surprise, surprise) and I came across horizontally striped bathrooms. The reason behind horizontal stripes rather than vertical, is to give the illusion that the bathroom may be bigger than it truly is.  Inspiration:
Striped paint tutorial

I was originally planning on painting stripes in the downstairs bathroom, since it is so teeny tiny! But the detail of the stained glass window does not exactly lend itself to stripes. So I switched gears and decided to test drive my new Frog Tape in the upstairs bathroom. 

Honestly, I hardly had to touch up any of the stripes. Amazingly enough- the Frog Tape really worked! I watched a couple of tutorials, but honestly I just sort of committed to it and hoped!   


If I were to do it again...... I think that I would have picked two colors closer in shades to each other. I love the completed look- but it is more "contemporary" than I was anticipating. Now that they are in the house- I'm not sure they quite flow with my more basic style. But really- It's stripes.. in one little part of our upstairs bathroom. I think I can keep my hard work for a little while. They are still neutral. This might be a step in the right direction for me- am I stepping out of the box for once? Go me!

Now we have a neutral bathroom, with a little bit of fun when you turn the corner ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment