Wednesday, July 9, 2014

fresh foyer

I knew that whatever I did, I needed to get rid of this dated rag rolled foyer. (yes- we plan to take the red carpet off of the stairs. but that is a project for this winter..)
turns out that they painted right over wallpaper. cool. so we followed suit and did the same. We considered using a textured paint to camouflage the uneven plaster & small blemishes that have accumulated over the years- but in the end we either forgot or we decided against it. The next time around we will most likely spend the little extra to do that- the flat walls are not very forgiving that's for sure.


Lane didn't agree- but I thought that the handrail was ugly, can anyone back me up on that? We will be replacing it.. we know that we must have one- but that one was just not doing it for me, so away it went! to go sit in our basement 

We went with Clark Kensington's Greyhound from Ace Hardware (LOVE the color!) It definitely changes depending on what time of day and how much light is coming in- but I love it at every time of day. I'm very happy I stuck with my gut and went with a little darker shade.



This also greatly improved the look of our front entry. (Gus was a big help to grandma when she was painting)


 As you can see, Gus has made himself right at home in the new house:)

A special thank you to my future mother in law for painting the trim. It definitely adds a new dimension to the front entrance. Now it's time to replace those dingy outlets and paint the radiator covers to match!

No comments:

Post a Comment