Wednesday, July 9, 2014

first projects!

may the odds be ever in our favor.. 

The very first project in our home was a combination project. My generous parents stayed for our first weekend in the house and helped us get settled. My mom and I decided to begin with a "girl" project, while my dad and Lane decided to jump right in with a manly demolition project in our downstairs bathroom. 

We have these beautiful new cabinets in our kitchen- but the gold walls pull the completely wrong color from the wood. Paint can go a long way. I was hoping that if we painted more of a neutral tan that the wood would be the focus rather than the walls. YUCK! (I am all for color, but not that color.)




This is much more neutral!





















 Because this is the only bathroom downstairs - we really wanted it to be usable, rather than having our guests go upstairs to do their business.. We are thinking that there was an ice build up one Winter and the owners never noticed? A little hard not to notice- we think at least. 

So- let the demo begin!
Lovely plastic tiles on the walls.. bummer we had to get rid of those beauties. 
Thanks for helping, Dad!





Finished the ceiling & now on to the walls. We took a short cut because it would have been a nightmare to chip through the glue from the tiles and the 1/4 inch thick (well at least it seemed that thick..) wallpaper. So we made the executive decision to dry wall over the current walls to create a fresh and clean surface for us to start from.



*We (when I say we.. I mean Lane) are in the process of mudding-sanding-mudding-sanding-mudding-sanding-etc. the surface so that we (when I say we.. I mean I) can paint it! 



For not knowing much about anything when it comes to demolition and remodeling- I would say I am pretty proud of us for getting this far. I will let you know if I still feel this way in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment